It’s Just a Phase® (this is our ‘App’ or ‘Mobile Application’). Our app tracks the moon’s phases, teaches you about the moon’s phases and their meaning and allows you to keep notes in relation to how each moon phase makes you feel. You can even use our crystal ball to take a peek into your subconscious. (these are our ‘Services’).
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: names, addresses, email addresses and phone number.
This Personal Information is obtained via our app It’s Just a Phase®. We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you (allowing creation and saving of notes in the app) and marketing to you. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
We may collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Mailing address;
- Email address;
- Credit card information;
- Your device ID, device type, computer and connection information; statistics on page views; IP address; ad data; and traffic to and from the sites;
- Details of the product and services we have provided to you or that your directly through our website or indirectly through your use of our website or through other websites or accounts form which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- Any other information that identifies an individual that may be required to be collected in the course of our services.
- To enable you access and use our website and its features and to personalise our website content for you including your regional and language preferences;
- To operate, protect, improve and optimise our website and the user experience;
- To send you service, support and administrative messages, updates, security alerts and information requested by you;
- If you have subscribed to a Membership Service, to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that we think may be of interest to you;
- To comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users; and enforce our agreements with third parties.
We collect the following cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: Required to enable access, use and movement around the website and all its features. These Cookies are necessary for shopping baskets or delivery instructions and other key features.
- Performance Cookies: Used to collect information about how visitors use the website, they track which pages are most visited, error messages and frequency of these instances. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor but rather the visitor’s experience. These Cookies are used to improve the website experience better and they are anonymous without identification.
- unctionality Cookies: Used to enable the website to record choices made, such as region, language and other options you may make in the course of use of the website. For our website in particular, these cookies allow the moon phase to be shown accurately. They provide for enhanced and personal features such as remember changes to font size etc. This information is stored and may be anonymised and will not track browsing activity on other websites.
We DO NOT collect any marketing cookies, or cookies for targeting purposes.
You may subscribe to any of the following Membership Services from our website:
- eNewsletter Subscription. To subscribe to receive our eNewsletter we record your name, email address, and zodiac sign.
- Membership Subscription. To become a basic member we record your name, email address and zodiac sign. Members are able to save notes on our app.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
All your notes entered into our app are not accessed by us, our staff or any third parties. All data is securely stored on encrypted servers in the United States.
Where you have subscribed to our e-newsletters, we may send you marketing communications and information about our products. This may take the form of emails or other forms of communication. You may opt-out of receiving these marketing materials at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. or via your app login.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be used in circumstances of the following:
- To third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure in the course of providing services to you; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
We will store your Personal Information in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Our data is stored on a third party service in the United States.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. We preserve Personal Information in relation to purchases for a minimum of 7 years as requested by Australian law.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, via your membership login. If you cannot access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.